Sometimes we can all use a little kick in the butt to get down to action – and that definitely isn’t limited to job searching. While it’s important to take all advice with a grain of salt, the advice of successful individuals can at times be enough to motivate or inspire us to get into gear with whatever it is we need to be doing.
Whether you’re up against a big challenge in your professional life, or you’re just looking for some general inspiration, here are a few of our favorite quotes from the world’s most successful CEOs that are guaranteed to put you in the right mindset.
- “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple
- “I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” – Marissa Mayer, CEO of Yahoo
- “Leaders get out in front and stay there by raising the standards by which they judge themselves—and by which they are willing to be judged.” – Frederick W. Smith, CEO of FedEx
- “Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world…if you do so, you are insulting yourself.” – Bill Gates, CEO of Microsoft
- “You don’t need to be a genius or a visionary, or even a college graduate for that matter, to be successful. You just need framework and a dream.” – Michael Dell, CEO of DELL
- “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing and falling over.” – Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin Group
- “Work like hell … If other people are putting in 40-hour work weeks and you’re putting in 100 hour workweeks, then even if you’re doing the same thing, you know that you will achieve in four months what it takes them a year to achieve.” – Elon Musk, Founder and CEO of SpaceX and Tesla Motors
- “Don’t take too much advice. Most people who have a lot of advice to give with a few exceptions generalize whatever they did. Don’t over-analyze everything. I myself have been guilty of over-thinking problems. Just build things and find out if they work.” – Ben Silbermann, CEO of Pinterest
Inspired yet? Once you’re in the groove of things, head back over to Rake to catch up on your job search. We’re rooting for you! Remember, you have complete control of your future, so now’s the time to take it by storm.
Also published on Medium.